The best thing about October is General Conference Weekend. Two sessions on Saturday, plus the always great Priesthood Session. The most surprising thing, but not really surprising, was the calling of a new member of the 12 apostles, and a new councilor in the First Presidency. The new Apostle is Elder Quentin L. Cook and the new councilor is Elder Henry B. Eyring. The surprise was not the calling of a new member of the 12 but the calling of a new councilor in the First Presidency and who it was. Now I am not saying that I am not happy with the choice, because I support it with all my heart, it was a surprise because I never thought of Elder Eyring as a possibility. I only thought of Elder Holland or Elder Ballard. I know that the Lord has called the right councilor for his presidency and it will be a great opportunity for the church to grow under this presidency.

Elder Eyring gave GREAT talk tonight during the priesthood session, because he talked about how to over come adversity when receiving a priesthood calling that you might think is to much for you. He said that there are three things the come from your prayers about you new priesthood calling, the Lord will give you a three fold answer; 1.) Assurance that you can get through any adversity from the calling, 2.) Forget yourself in the calling, 3.) well I really don't remember the third one because I didn't have anything to take notes on and I am tired at the moment, but I will update this post when I can see what it is. But I remember that it was such a good talk and it was something that I was thinking about just last week and how overwhelming it would be for me to have a major calling in the ward, but I had the same feelings that Elder Eyring mentioned in his talk. I hope that you all enjoyed Conference today and will enjoy it tomorrow, because I know that I will.